Windy Property Summary
|Windy Technical Report|
The Windy Property consists of one mineral claim totalling approximately 1,300 hectares located 15 km north of Cassiar, BC and 21 km northwest of Highway 37. The property is road accessible via 4WD roads branching off the Cassiar Mine Valley road.
Greatbanks Resources Ltd. holds a 100% interest in the property subject to a 2% NSR held by the vendor.
The Windy property is host to tungsten skarn and copper-molybdenum porphyry style mineralization. Throughout the property fine to coarse grained scheelite forms within altered carbonate rocks and within quartz-sericite stock works associated with monzonite stocks. Molybdenite occurs within the monzonite stocks and greisen pods along the intrusive-carbonate contact.
An extensive skarn zone is developed in marbles adjacent to a Late Cretaceous quartz monzonite porphyry stock. Magnetite-garnet skarn has formed at the contact between the marble and monzonite while further from the contact garnet-diopside skarn with pyrrhotite lenses are present. Scheelite (CaW04) occurs in the magnetite skarn and pyrrhotite lenses.
Historic sampling, trenching and drilling highlights include:
- 1960 trench samples grading 1.65% MoS2 over 4m.
- 1978 trench grab samples average 0.74% WO3 , .003% MoS2 and 0.11 oz/t Ag over 10m.
- 1979 drilling include 0.49% WO3 over 16.7m and 0.57% WO3 and .004% MoS2 over 4.7m.
- 1982 grab sample grading 15.2 g/t Ag and 0.45% Zn.
- 2011 property wide soil geochemical survey confirms historical main showing and identifies new anomalous zone over southern intrusive.